Master the Challenges of Risk Management
These are interesting times for risk managers. The world is more conscious of the importance of risk management than ever before and businesses are increasingly turning to their risk department to assist in a wide variety of decisions.
The Certified Risk Analyst is a designation bearing professional qualification that proves that you have achieved a level of professional excellence in risk management theory and practice. During the program, you will explore the background to risk management, investigate the latest trends in risk theory and examine how you can make your organization more risk aware.
By attending this program, you will:
- Have an integrated methodology for the identification, prioritization and mitigation of risk
- Use risk analysis as a primary business driver
- Satisfy all major risk management standards
- Successfully identify the pitfalls in risk analysis and know how to avoid them
Module 1: Understanding Risk Management
- Identify the options for classifying risks according to nature, source and timescale of impact
- Demonstrate by means of a risk matrix the likely impact of a risk materializing in terms of likelihood and magnitude
Module 2: Developing Risk Management Strategy
- Identify the key components of the risk architecture, strategy and protocols for an organization and how these fit together
- Determine the nature, contents and use of a risk register and provide examples of the user of risk registers
Module 3: Organizing Risk Assessment Activity
- Identify the range of risk assessment techniques that are available and the advantages and disadvantages of each technique
- Demonstrate by using a risk matrix the risk appetite of an organization and whether the organization is risk averse or risk aggressive
Module 4: Managing Risk Response
- Identify the ten (10) steps in the implementation of a successful ERM initiative
- Understand the relationship between risk appetite, risk exposure and risk capacity and the interface with operations, projects and strategy
Module 5: Managing Risk and the Organization
- Apply the key features of a corporate governance model and how it is linked to risk management of different types of organizations
- Understand the simplified business model and the different type of core processes that need to take place in an organization
Module 6: Managing Risk Assurance and Reporting
- Identify the activities of a typical internal audit function and the relationship between internal audit and risk management
- Implement the activities involved in an ERM initiative and how these can be allocated to internal audit, risk management and line management
What they say about the CRA Program?
The CRA Program helps me to understand more on the key concepts of risk management and how I can use it in the future. The extra information and some general knowledge is worth noting. The key thing here is to use this learning to the Company I am or will be part of, by identifying all the risks and opportunities that the Company has, assessing and prioritizing the risks that have significant impact, accepting risks and opportunities that are within the risk appetite of the Company and coming up with ideas on how to mitigate the identified risks through control introduction and implementation.
Keith Richard Mahilom
Risk Management is too broad and there's still plenty to learn. I like how they used an organized approach to Risk Management to help better identify and manage it. I thank Sir Dominic for the personal sharing and insights on various topics and risks he encountered, it's easier to recall the topic based on his sharing.
Credit Risk Officer
United Coconut Planters Bank
This is a very immersive and interesting course. There's a lot of learning that can be put together into practice into your own work or career. Great lecturer, very engaging speaker. Looking forward to any future seminars or training with you again as a speaker. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Market Risk Officer
The Certified Risk Analyst (CRA) program specifically highlights the importance of accurate risk assessment and risk mitigation. To anyone who is interested in taking Certified Risk Analyst (CRA), I would highly recommend taking it in AAFM Philippines because they conduct fun quizzes and high quality lectures.
Julie Anne Dancel
Information Security/Risk Associate Consultant